Faucet and Sink Fixture Services
The obvious sign that a faucet or sink fixture may need to be replaced is when there are signs of leaks or water damage. One should be careful not to throw out a good faucet fixture which may be able to be repaired at the first sign of problems. The following are a list of conditions in which one should replace their faucet.
- The faucet is old and antiquated and is the primary cause of leaks or water damage. This could be as the result of rust or parts simply wearing out after multiple years of use.
- The faucet has been damaged or bent. This could be caused by construction related damage to the sink or faucet during a remodeling for example.
- The sink area is being remodeled and the old faucet fixtures no longer meet the designs of the new sink unit. Some sink sets sit above the sink table and as a result require that the faucet fixtures also is installed higher on the sink table to prevent splashing and water seepage.
- The nature of the flow of water from the faucet is wasting water. This could be the result of bad pipes or worn out washers or other parts in the faucet. Some special designed faucets regulate the flow of water. This should be checked prior replacing the entire faucet.
What Are Some Signs of Faucet and Sink Fixture Damage?
- Pools of water on or around the the facet.
- A continuous drip or leak regardless of how secure the faucet knobs or handles are closed.
- Rust anywhere along the faucet fixture or along the supporting piping system.
- A rattling noise from the faucet or pipes when ever you turn on the water.
- Ensure that the faucet design is compatible with the sink design.
- Have a plumber properly install your faucet, sink and piping system.
- Keep your faucet area cleaned regularly.
- Take measures to avoid clogs and blockage in the drains and piping of your pipe system.
- If your pipes are not insulated, make sure that you perform proper winterization maintenance on all of your pipes.
- Understand what parts are required for your particular faucet and learn to know when a piece, such as a washer needs to be replaced or a joint for piping needs to be tightened.
Having the proper faucet and sink fixture is vital for your Winchester home. If this needs repairing, Call Powell’s Plumbing at 540-665-8196, we have the best pair of experts to get the job done.